Search This Blog

Subscribe! I"d be so flattered.....shucks.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Stupid Media and Politicians

Hows about this? Buried on page 4 of my newspaper is a story about our brandy new AG Michael Mukasey refusing to give details to congress about the CIA interrogation tapes. In fact I couldn't even find the same story in the local online paper, I had to go to the New York Times. That seems a little like someone our senate shouldn't have approved to me. This is the guy who dicked around about defining waterboarding as torture. Huh? How can there be any question about that? On that note you may be pleased to hear that senate republicans blocked a bill that would require the CIA to adhere to the Army's field manual on interrogation, this is the manual that bans interrogation methods like waterboarding and mock execution and other 'harsh' methods. WTF!! Couple that with the story, also buried on page 4 that gives the president another gazillion dollars for his war with no time table and does anyone wonder why congress' approval rating is below the presidents? I couldn't find that story in the local online either, so here is MSNBC. What part of a 70% disapproval of that dickhead George does anyone in congress not understand? I am not sure what angers me more, not being able to see what should be real news on the front page or the fact that this is happening at all. What's on the front page you ask? Well we have to have a story about snow weather, and christmas decorations. The story on train subsidies I can see but geez louise, how is a responsible citizen supposed to react when the media local and otherwise won't provide the friggin news?! How about this? The United States should not torture people. We should punish those in our government who do or did. We should lose all the secrecy, too many damn secrets. Criminy
I am starting to think I just may support Ron Paul for President. No I am not saying what my newspaper is though you should be able to guess, since I live in Portland Me.

No comments: