Search This Blog

Subscribe! I"d be so flattered.....shucks.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I can't help myself, What's Bush's excuse?

Yes, I know I wasn't planning on writing anything til after the new year but I really can't help myself. Especially when things happen like Bush signing spending bills and bitching about the democrats spending. You know it boggles my mind when this guy can sign legislation that gives him yet another blank check for his war and he has the audacity to complain about the pork in the bill? Hello? Anyone remember that Mr. Bush was handed a huge surplus by his predecessor? One that he quickly turned into a deficit by handing most of the wealthy a big tax cut. How about this quote from the Brookings Institute, "We are so numbed by large numbers that the once-in-a-generation significance of prospective surpluses of nearly $5 trillion over the next fifteen years is hard to appreciate." Hard to believe isn't it? Within one presidential term this potential surplus became the largest deficit in history. Thanks Mr. Bush. (asshole) And since we are on the subject of fiscal numbers did you ever have the feeling that things are just a little harder economically for you (us) middle class folks than they were for your Mommy and Daddy? Well they are harder! And here I thought it was my imagination, and I was just being irresponsible wanting to eat AND buy my prescriptions AND heat my home this winter. Heck I feel warmer already. But what is middle class nowadays? More than 40k? More than 100k? Who knows anymore. But fortunately we have tips on how to cope. What's most frustrating is that our wonderful 'christian' president has no idea what it's like to be crunched. He is in a world of his own. You gotta admit it is pretty ballsy to call the troops on the holidays and thank them for the service they are providing. Of course it's just a service to him. Mr. Bush, how many dead now? I know he is not a reader or anything, except maybe the sports page and his comic books, but maybe he should hunker down and read the Sermon on the Mount. I think there is something in there about the meek inheriting the earth and some other tripe about being kind to your neighbors and such. Maybe you're just another despot? I could go on and on but I will save it for another post at a later date. There is never too much to write about our pal George. Sadly for him not much of it is good.

No comments: