Search This Blog

Subscribe! I"d be so flattered.....shucks.

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Here is what I have done so far.

I posted yesterday and can see that this has found no one out in the ether of the internet. Not that that is a bad thing I guess, I mean it has only been one day. I don't see a counter on the page and I am new at this blog stuff, so I will have to look into putting one on the page. Anywho, As I mentioned I am reading a book called, "The Secret", which essentially talks about the law of attraction. It is based on the idea that your inner thoughts are manifested in outer reality. So if you are thinking constantly about how poor you are or how broke you are or how you never have enough money to do things you want or that your life generally sucks then that is the quality of life that will manifest itself for you. But if you think about how great your life is and how fortunate you have been and how you have money coming out the wazoo then that quality will also manifest itself. I think most average people are somewhere in between. So that they feel that their life doesn't suck but that it is generally okay. And thus most folks lives are generally okay.

Now I have no desire to be hugely famous or even hugely rich I just want to be able to do what I want to do without worrying if I have enough money. So to me that means achieving enough cash flow so that I can save some off or make a large expenditure once in a while for something special.

I am also reading, The Master Key, by Charles Haanel. This e-book is also on The Secret website. So far it is quite interesting to read. It is in the style of aphorisms which is a curious style similar to the Dhammapada, but quite effective. You can read each one sort of like eating popcorn, one at a time. I am really banking, no pun intended, on these books being for real. Since after the Master Key was published the church actually banned it, I am figuring that it probably has truth to it, since the church generally doesn't like competition.

The Secret website lets you register and then you can ask questions of each of the 'Master Teachers'. I posed a question yesterday and directed it toward Jack Canfield. We shall see if it gets answered. It will boost my believability factor in this if he does answer me. I guess I am somewhat cynical but I hope for the best.

As I said I want this blog to be a record of my travels down this path and we shall all see together how this plays out. Time will tell. I personally feel good about it and I think results will be happy.

No comments: