Search This Blog

Subscribe! I"d be so flattered.....shucks.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Bush to Target Earmarks in State of Union?

Let me preface what I am going to say. I don't like George W. Bush. I have never met him nor do I want to. I don't know him personally and I don't wish to. I have read that he is really a nice guy, personable, etc. But then again I have heard a lot of other dictators and terrorists are too. George Bush's actions speak louder than anything else. We have almost 4000 deaths in Iraq and for what purpose? The manipulation of the 9/11 tragedy for political haymaking is practically criminal in itself. The tragedy of the Katrina hurricane and New Orleans is unbelievable in the lack of empathy and concern coming from the white house. Check out this story in USA today from the year anniversary. So now in this, what is thankfully, his final year in office. George Bush has decided to do some things which should have been being done from the beginning. Mr 'Uniter not a Divider', deciding to more aggressively pursue the peace process. And now Mr. 'My Pet Goat' will attack Earmarks in his State of the Union Speech. Of course earmarking was never a big issue when the republicans were in charge of congress. Why not do something about it then when the repugs had both houses and the white house? Because our government is essentially an Oligarchy with no real concern for the average american . How else to explain 40+ million uninsured? A war with no end and nothing truly gained? The incredible tax cuts given to the fabulously wealthy.? Thanks George, you're an asshole, no question.

No comments: